English page of the crowdfunding campaign for our 2nd circus festival in Brussels : Aerials and more!
Avolavit Festival! An aerial festival but not only ...
In 2021 Avolavit, a Paris metropolitan area (France) based circus association, is preparing its festival combining aerial circus disciplines such as trapeze, silks or rope with other methods of expression such as clown techniques as well as physical and mental preparation such as yoga and relaxation. The festival is scheduled from May 13 to May 16, 2021, in Brussels (Belgium).
Driven by our values and in particular, the transmission of knowledge through the promotion of international exchanges, we allow teachers from Latin-America to come to Europe and vice-versa to share their work and experience with a completely different audience who shares the same passion, through which they can also learn. The first Avolavit exchange took place in 2016 in Paris with the company Calembur from Mexico. Since then Avolavit has carried out more than 20 events with teachers from dozens of different countries, leading to a first international festival in Brussels in 2019! Building on this success, we would like to repeat the experience. Given the current sanitary context, teachers and artists from various horizons will come from neighbouring European countries. It is with great pleasure and emotion that we will welcome, among others, Yoka Rapp
, who has already delighted us with his unique approach to aerials (https://fuegorojo.com/
) and Kilian Bruet
(@bettylabondisante), an incredible dynamic technician .
In order to best prepare for the festival, we need you and are counting on your support!
Why a crowdfunding campaign?
2020 was disturbed and disturbing, to put it mildly! Like everyone else, Avolavit has not been able to carry out all of its projects like its quarterly workshops in Paris, events necessary to fund the festival upstream (purchase of equipment, room rental, sufficient cash to compensate teachers, etc. etc. ..), that is why we are asking our community, our early supporters, you living arts enthusiasts, friends and friends of friends in order to be able to prepare this second festival as best as possible.
We are aiming for a minimum funding of € 1,500 in order to be able to guarantee compensation for teachers, even in the event of the festival being held with a very limited number of participants. A crowdfunding page in English (this one, blue background) and in French (page with orange background) exists for this fundraising campaign.
What if the festival doesn't take place?
Indeed, it is impossible to guarantee that the festival will be held on the scheduled date, which is why we are planning the following arrangements:
- the open donation (amount of your choice) is not refundable but will allow a discount for the next Avolavit event of your choice. A code will be sent to you later.
- donation as "goodies" without festival registrations are not refundable. The goodies will be sent to you - worldwide - at the end of the fundraising campaign including a discount code for the next Avolavit event of your choice.
- donation as "festival registration" are fully refundable, HelloAsso - the fundraising site - does not allow reimbursement directly to your credit card, therefore we will come back to you to reimburse you by bank transfer. However, please note that this will only be possible within the Euro zone.
!! Payment & site important notice !!
Accepted payment means on the site are debit/credit card only : CB, Visa, Mastercard.
All banking information to process your payment is completely secure. Thanks to the SSL encryption of your banking data, you are assured of the reliability of your transactions on HelloAsso.
Transaction are in €, if you pay in an other currency, you bank may charge you.
The content of the site is not available in English, should you need any assistance to complete your donation, please do not hesitate to reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 'HelloAsso' in the subject of your email.
Programme of the festival
- Intensive aerial workshops, by discipline of 3-hour block with registration for one discipline only (silks/fabric, hoop/lyra, trapeze, rope, aerial & clown) in order to allow participants to progress over the whole festival. These sessions are open to anyone with at least an intermediate level practice with good endurance, knowledge of basics techniques and a repertoire of figures.
- 1.5 hour workshops, open to all, including beginners, and covering a wide range of disciplines in order to explore the wealth of aerial arts. The planned workshops are: duo silks, straps, dynamic silks, initiation classes for total beginner in silks/hoop/trapeze, yoga and partner acrobatics.
This schedule is subject to modifications, for live updates, follow us on social media (Facebook & @avolavit) or visit our website (https://avolavit.org/
Who we are
Created in 2016, Avolavit is a collective formed by circus lovers who come from different backgrounds.
- Damian (Mexico) - president and founder, passionate about circus since childhood, specialised in partner acrobatic and duo silks. Lively, motivated and talkative, with him you can be sure that 2021 festival will be fun and inclusive for all.
- Anne (France) - rope specialist, she is also a great tango dancer, she loves mixing these two disciplines always in search of innovation and harmony.
- Barbara (Argentina) - a lifelong trapeze lover, she also practices aerial silks. Kind and thoughtful, during the festival Barbara will ensure everyone is as motivated as she is (and incidentally, it's a little - a lot, thanks to her that this fundraising campaign was born, so: thank you Barbara !)
- Géraldine (France) - hard working, organised and precise, silk is her preferred apparatus, preferably when it's yellow. She is the one who will do the accounts at the end of the fundraising campaign.
- Lola (France) - has been practicing circus for over 10 years, she specialised in aerial silks and partner acrobatics. Dynamic and positive, during the festival, you will see her camera in hand running around and climbing on everything to immortalise our best moments!
- Marie-Chiara (France) - our latest recruit. She discovered silks in the Philippines where she practiced diligently. Back in France, she has since put body and soul into acroyoga, partner acro and duo silks. Sweet and caring, she will happily support you in your learnings, even if she still confuses her right and her left!
- Tina (Croatia) - specialised in silks and duo silks, which she practices with Damian; she is Avolavit's sense of elegance and humour, we owe her our superb poster! During the festival, whether you want to improve your quality of movement or simply need an attentive ear, Tina will be there for you!